HTC ONE S hard reset
Performing a factory reset using hardware buttons
If you can’t turn HTC One S on or access settings, you can still perform a factory reset
by using the hardware buttons on HTC One S.
1. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
2. Wait for the buttons flashes three times (below the screen) and then release the POWER and then VOLUME DOWN buttons.
3. Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
Factory reset will permanently delete all your data and customized settings, and will remove any applications you’ve downloaded and installed. Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory reset.
If you do not want to reset your phone, just select Fastboot menu option and then select reboot or power down.
Performing a factory reset via settings
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the settings.
1. Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap settings icon.
2. Tap Storage > Factory data reset.
3. Tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.
When your HTC ONE S frozen, not responding: Press and hold the POWER button for at least 10 seconds, and then release it. HTC One S then restarts.