ZTE Kis Pro hard reset
You can reset your ZTE Kis Pro phone's password: Turn off your phone, then turn it on. Select emergency dial. Input *983*987# in emergency dial-up pad. It will restore factory settings and your personal data will be erased.
Another way is to reset your phone from the recovery menu.
If you are unable to power on the phone, the phone does not charge, touch panel isn't working right, try to recover the phone using the recovery menu.
Access ZTE Kis Pro Andorid recovery menu
hard reset using keys:
- Turn ZTE KIS Pro off. Press and hold volume up + power on until the recovery menu shows up
- Choose wipe data/factory reset with Volume key (power to confirm).
- Select highlight Yes -- erase delete all data press power to confirm.
- After done select reboot system now. All data will be lost!
Reset Kis Pro android phone. Unlock your ZTE KIS Pro Android phone using keys
You can also enter the recovery menu without battery
Just connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable but press the VOLUME UP key during the connect.
1. From the Home screen, press the Menu Key and touch Settings.
2 Touch the Privacy
4 Touch Factory data reset.
5 Touch Reset phone.
6 Touch Erase everything. All data will be lost!
ZTE KIS Pro FTM Field Test Mode
to put your phone in FTM mode aka Field Test Mode (Service menu) Install drivers on your PC. Press the Volume Down key and connect the phone to the PC using USB cable but without battery.
FTM will show up on the screen.
Instruction of ZTE KIS Pro smart phone SD card upgrade Guide
Please use ZTE handset support website provided version to download software, moreover, SD card
upgrade only allows upgrade between the same version and from low version to high version.
Before you begin:
a) Please back up all user data of mobile phone, including Phonebook, Messages and so
b) Please make sure the mobile phone can be normally powered on. Otherwise it may
cause downloading failure;
c) Take out SIM card and check whether update.zip of SD card is in accordance with to be
upgraded mobile phone. Do not modify the folder name and extension.
d) Check whether the battery power is enough (At least 2 cells), otherwise please charge
the mobile phone until the battery power is enough.
2) Do not do other operations and do not take out battery by force during downloading.
3) The SD card upgrading process will take 1-2 minutes, if the mobile phone cannot
automatically reboot after 2 minutes, please upgrade the mobile phone again. If the mobile
phone cannot be powered on, please operate mandatory upgrade. If the mandatory upgrade is
invalid, please contact ASC.
Steps of SD card upgrade
1. Download SD card upgrade package from ZTE website, then copy whole update.zip
folder to root directory of SD card ( The folder name must be update.zip)
2. Enter into file manager to check whether the files of SD card are normal. Click
3. Check whether you can check the version, then click Home key to return to home screen
and subsequently click “ Menu key-->Settings-->About phone -->System updates -->Storage
card update” ,
4. Click “Storage card update”, if the software version has been in the image directory of SD
card, the mobile phone will prompt the message and remind you
to back up your personal data before start upgrade. If the mobile phone has no SD card or
there is no version software update package in image directory, the mobile phone will prompt
“Do not find update package on storage card, please confirm that update package has been
copied to image directory on storage card!”,
5. Click “OK” after the mobile phone prompted the message , then the mobile
phone automatically reboots and directly enters into SD card upgrade interface
6. The mobile phone reboots again after finished upgrade, then upgrade is completed!
Steps of mandatory upgrade
If the mobile phone cannot be powered on without updating unauthorized software
version, you can operate mandatory upgrade with following steps.
1. Hold Volume down key and Power key to enter into recovery mode
2. Press Home key to enter into option list. Press Volume down key
to choose apply sdcard: update.zip
3. Choose update.zip and press Menu key to start upgrade after searched the update package.
4. The upgrade is completed after 1-2 minutes, then the mobile phone automatically reboots.