ZTE Join me backup and restore application
How to make a backup of your ZTE phone data
It is always a good idea to make a backup of your important data. If you have a ZTE device, you can backup and restore your data using ZTE Join me application. This software is like Nokia PC Suite or Sony Ericsson / Sony mobile PC Companion etc., it helps you to save all your data to you PC computer and restore it later.
Installation is quite simple, the usual next next finish procedure.
Note: AV software may block ZTE Join me application, so make sure you have added it to your trusted applications list.
In a rare cases, AV (Antivirus) software may detect some file as virus, although you know for sure it’s safe. These wrong detections are called false-positives.
If such false-positive detection prevails, you may want to exclude the detected file from the AV scan.
First download ZTE Join me software from the official website http://joinme.ztedevice.com/
Installation is quite simple, follow the wizard which will guide you through the installation process. Once you are done, start the application.
If you are using Android 4.2 or earlier version, in the phone's menu Go to Settings >Applications > Development > USB debugging (Settings > Developer options > USB debugging) and mark the checkbox.
ZTE Join me tip if you have USB connection error
"Please make sure connecting phone with "USB debugging" options checked. The manner of checking the options is depend on the version of Android system. You can refer to tips as follows: - Below Android 4.2 system,You need to check "USB debugging" options in [Settings-> Applications-> Development-> USB debugging] or [Settings-> Developer options-> USB debugging]; -Above Android 4.2 system, You need to click 'Build number 7 times in [Settings-> About phone-> Build number],then return to settings interface.After that: Developer options will appear while "USB debugging" can be checked after entered it (note:Above Android 4.3 system:Confirm" options may appear after connected cellphone although -USB debugging" options is checked. Please click "Confirm" options to execute usb debugging)
Please check whether the menu of "Connection options' exists or not.if does,please select the manner of connection as "connecting with software in pc-side""
Note: You can also manage your ZTE phone via wi-fi connection. If you have no USB cable or want to backup via a wireless connection it is possible if your PC is on the same WIFI router. You can backup your data via WIFI connection, but you CANNOT RESTORE your backup data via WIFI. You have to use USB cable connection for restoration.
1. Connect your USB cable to your PC and your ZTE mobile phone.
2. After the first time you connect your ZTE mobile phone to your PC it will install driver software and it will take a few minutes.
3. Once it is done, your ZTE phone will be listed as connected device. In this example this is a ZTE KIS Plus phone.
4. Click on the device name "KIS PLUS" or the icon next to the battery icon to list photos, music, apps etc on the phone. If your phone is not listed check your USB cable.
5. To start backing up your data, simply click on the BACKUP button.
6. A window should come up, where you can select all information you want to save.
Note: If you turn off GSM wireless (airplane mode ON), your SMS, call logs won't be listed. So if you want to backup your SMS messages and call logs as well, then you have to enable the GSM function.
7. Click on "check all" check mark or tick the checkbox you want to backup and click BEGIN.
8. Click OK to begin the backup process.
9. Your default backup folder on Windows 7 will be C:\JoinMe\Backup\
The file will be encrypted with a password, you cannot open it on your computer.
10. After the backup process has finished click VIEW to open the backup folder on your computer or click FINISH to close the window.
ZTE Join me restore backup data
1. You have to connect your phone via USB cable to restore the data. See instructions above.
2. Click on the RESTORE button. Click the OK in the warning dialog.
3. Select your preferred backup file and click Next.
4. Select what information, data you want to restore on your phone, usually select all, tick Check all and click Next and click OK
in the "The corresponding content on the phone will be cleared, are you sure to restore data?" dialog window. Do not interrupt, disconnect the phone during the restoration process.
5. The restoration process may take from a few minutes to a long time depending on your backup data size.
In this tutorial ZTE Join Me PC version 220.127.116.11 for Windows and JoinMe Android Version:18.104.22.16894 has been used.