Xiaomi MI 3 hard reset
If you are unable to turn on your Xiaomi MI 3 phone or you have forgotten your PIN password or unlock pattern, you need to enter Recovery mode and reset your device completly or update its firmware from SD card.
To get into the recovery mode on you Xiaomi MI3 phone device
1. Turn your phone compeletely off.
2. Press and hold both Volume UP and POWER keys together to turn ON your phone. Release power but keep pressing Vol UP.
3. When Mi logo appears release both keys.
4. MiRecovery should appear.
5. Select (using Volume down) and highlight ENGLISH and press power.
6. Select Wipe & Reset
7. Select Wipe all data and select Yes
7. All data will be deleted! Some files may not be deleted. e.g. in Pictures folder etc.
8. After you are done select Reboot system now.
You can also access MiRecovery menu from Updater, Press MENU and select Reboot to recovery mode
Settings-> about phone-> System updates Press MENU and select Reboot to recovery mode
Xiaomi MI 3 reboot soft reset
If the phone freeze just press and hold the POWER for over 10 seconds.
Xiaomi MI 3 hard reset from menu
Backup & reset You can back up settings and other data associated with one or more of your Google Accounts. If you
need to replace or factory reset your device, you can restore your data for any accounts that were previously backed up.
Touch Settings on the desktop\[Personal] Backup & reset\ [Personal Data] Factory data reset > Reset phone> Erase everything. All data will be lost!