Resetting the V36 (warm boot)CAUTION: Resetting will cause unsaved data to be lost. Resetting your V36 is similar to restarting your PC. It restarts the operating system, and you will lose any unsaved data. Occasionally, you may need to reset your V36. For example, you should reset your V36:
• After you restore data from your PC.
• When your V36 stops responding. (In other words, it appears to be "frozen" or "locked up.")
To reset your V36, do the following:
1. If you have a memory card or a 802.11b Wi-Fi card inserted in the SD/SDIO slot, remove it before preceding further.
2. Unscrew the cap at the top of the stylus and use the pointed tip of the cap to press the reset button. The reset button is located inside of a small opening on the back of the V36 next to the battery compartment.
Restoring Factory Defaults (V36 cold boot)In some cases, you may need to restore your V36 to the factory default settings by clearing the memory (RAM) from your V36. For example, you should clear the memory:
• When your V36 does not respond after being reset (warm boot described on the previous page).
• When you forget your password. Clearing the memory means all data you have entered in RAM, including all files, system settings, and additional programs you have installed, will be erased. (Programs installed to ROM at the factory are not affected.)
• To ensure the integrity of your data should it be necessary to clear the memory, you are advised to regularly back up to your Pocket PC (using ActiveSync), or to an optional SD card (using the backup application).
• Do not move the battery switch unless it is necessary.
To clear the memory from your V36, do the following:
1. Make sure that the V36 is turned off, disconnect all cables (including the AC adapter) and if applicable, remove the SD Memory card or 802.11b SDIO card from your V36. Then, slide battery lock switch to the unlocked (down) position. See the illustration below.
2. Remove the battery compartment cover.
3. Unscrew the cap at the top of the stylus.
4. Use the pointed tip of the cap to slide the battery switch to the OFF (left) position, then ON (right) again.
5. Replace the battery compartment cover.
6. Side battery lock switch to the locked (up) position. The Notification indicator will flash red for approximately 30 seconds, and then your V36 will automatically turn on and display the Welcome Wizard screen.
NOTE: If the battery runs completely out of power and is not re-charged in time, the memory of your V36 will be cleared.