Use the Stylus to press the RESET Button in to
Warm Start the PA968
Performing an Unitech PA968 Hardware Reset
Perform a reset if the PA968 freezes (i.e., the PA968 no longer responds).
A soft reset allows the PA968 to get a fresh start (similar to rebooting a computer).
This will restart the PA968 and adjust memory allocation. All records and entries are
retained after a soft reset. But, unsaved data in open programs may be lost.
Performing a Warm Boot
1. Remove the Stylus from its holder.
2. Lightly press the tip of the Stylus into the RESET Button on the PA968’s back
Performing a Cold Boot
A Cold Boot erases all added data and programs, and it will restore the PA968 to the
default factory settings.
Only perform a Cold Boot if a Warm Boot does not correct the problem. During the
next Microsoft ActiveSync operation, it is possible to restore any data that was previously
synchronized to the computer or data can be retrieved from a storage card
Method 1: From Windows CE
1. Tap Start → Programs → Utilities → Bootmode.
The BootMode Window appears.
2. Tap Cold Boot.
The system resets and all data is lost (including
files in the RAM memory).
Method 2: From Hardware
1. Remove the Battery Compartment Cover
and the Main Battery.
2. Turn the Backup Battery Switch to the OFF
3. Turn the Backup Battery Switch to the ON
4. Put the Battery back into the Battery Compartment
and replace the Battery Compartment
Cover. the system will automatically
NOTE: The data and time settings will not
retain in a hard reset. Formats, preferences
and other settings will
restore to their default factory settings.