Tecno L8 hard reset
Entering Recovery menu Factory mode on Tecno L8 using the hardware keys to remove password, PIN or reset the unlock pattern / gesture lock when you are unable to access the phone.
- Turn off the phone completely.
- Press and hold both Volume DOWN + POWER buttons until the phone turns on and TECNO logo shows up.
- Release only POWER but keep pressing the Volume UP until Factory mode will show on the display.
- Next in the menu go to clear eMMC to highlight it - use the Volume down button to do it.
- Press power button. It will format /data folder etc.
- Wait until the device will reboots. Note: It could take minutes, be patient.
- The language selection will show up so you can setup your device and start it over.
All data will be lost!
Reset & Restore
Go to Settings > Reset and restore > Restore Factory settings: Reset settings to the factory default values and delete all data.
This will erase all the data on your phone's internal storage, including:
- Your account
- System and app data and settings
- Downloaded apps
- Other user data
If the phone has a virtual SD card - not a physical memory card - be sure to switch it to on if you want to delete the data there. Also check the memory card option if you want to delete the memory card content.
Note: your UI user interface may be / look different.
On older systems you will find the menu settings very similar
Use Tecno L8 Backup and reset function
Go to Settings > Backup and reset > Factory data reset: Reset settings to the factory default values and delete all data.
Your device freezes or has fatal errors
If your device freezes or hangs, you may need to close applications or reinsert the battery and
turn on the device to regain functionality. If your device is frozen and unresponsive, press and
hold the Power button for more than 8-10 seconds to reboot.
If this does not solve the problem, perform a factory data reset. On the Applications
screen, tap Settings -> Backup and reset -> Factory data reset -> Reset device -> Erase everything. Before performing the factory data reset, remember to make back-up copies of all important data stored on the device.
Tecno L8 soft reset / restart
Press and hold for 8-10 seconds to reset the device if it has fatal errors or hang-ups, or freezes. This will restart your Tecno L8 Android device.