T-Mobile myTouch 3G Soft reset
Resetting the T-Mobile myTouch 3G Android phoneResetting the phone deletes all data, including downloaded applications, and the phone back to its initial state, the state before you turned on the phone for the first time.
Important Make sure to back up important data you have on the phone before you perform a factory data reset.
To reset the T-Mobile myTouch 3G phone
1. Press HOME > MENU, then touch Settings.
2. Scroll down the screen, then touch SD card & phone storage.
3. Navigate to the Internal phone storage section, then touch Factory data reset.
4. On the Factory data reset screen, touch Reset phone and then touch Erase everything.
( To reset the T-Mobile myTouch 3G phone using phone buttons scroll down)
T-Mobile myTouch 3G hard reset
1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the HOME and BACK buttons.
2. Briefly press the END CALL/POWER button while continuing to press the HOME and BACK buttons.
3. When you see the screen with the 3 Android images, release the HOME and BACK buttons, and then press the TRACKBALL.
Tip If your phone hangs or freezes, remove the battery then wait for a few seconds, and then re-install it. After re-installing the battery, turn on the phone.
A Hard Reset restores the original factory settings and will erase all downloaded content, including ringtones, contacts stored in the handset memory, etc. It does not erase data stored on the SIM card or memory card (if available). Back up all necessary data on the device memory before proceeding.
Menu Path Method:
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch and slide the menu upward.
- Touch SD card & phone storage.
- Touch Factory data reset.
- Touch Reset phone.
- Touch Erase everything.
- The device will dump all of the data and reload.
Key Stroke Method
- Power the device OFF.
- Note: If the device is unresponsive and does not turn off, remove the battery and then reinsert it.
- Press and hold the Home key and the red End key for 30 seconds. Do not release the keys if the Startup screen appears.
- When the screen displays a warning sign, release the keys.
- Press the Home key and the Power key again.
- When the Android system recovery utility appears, use the trackball to scroll to and select Wipe data/factory reset.
- When the reset is complete, select reboot system now