T-Mobile MDA Vario IV Soft reset
Resetting Your Device
Occasionally, you may need to reset your device. A soft (or normal) reset of your device clears all active program memory and shuts down all active programs. This can be useful when your device is running slower than normal, or a program is not performing properly. A soft reset is also necessary after the installation of some programs. If a soft reset is performed when programs are running, unsaved work
will be lost.
To perform a soft reset
1. Pull out the stylus.
2. Use the stylus tip to press the RESET button located at the bottom of the device. Your device restarts and displays the Home screen.
T-Mobile MDA Vario IV hard reset
You can also perform a hard reset (also known as a full reset). A hard
reset should only be performed if a normal reset does not solve a system
problem. After a hard reset, the device is restored to its default settings—
the way it was when you first purchased it and turned it on. Any programs you installed,
data you entered, and settings you customized on your device will be lost. Only Windows Mobile® software and other pre-installed programs will remain.
Warning! Your device will be set back to factory default settings. Make sure that any additional installed programs and/or user data have been backed up before you perform a hard reset.
Important If Encrypt files when placed on a storage card is enabled, backup all files from the storage card before using Clear Storage, hard reset, or updating the ROM system software. Otherwise you will no longer be able to access the encrypted files on the storage card. Use ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center to transfer files between your storage card and computer. After the procedure, copy your files back to the storage card.
To perform a hard reset
1. Pull out the stylus.
2. With the device turned on, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN and ENTER buttons, then press the RESET button with the stylus tip.
3. Release the RESET button, but continue pressing the VOLUME DOWN and ENTER buttons until you see this message on the screen:
4. Release the VOLUME DOWN and ENTER buttons, then press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
You can also use Clear Storage to reset your device back to factory default settings.
1. On the Home screen, slide to the Settings tab and then tap All Settings.
2. On the System tab, tap Clear Storage.
3. Enter “1234” and then tap Yes.