Resetting the T-Mobile Google G1 Android Phone
Resetting the T-mobile G1 Google phone deletes all data, including downloaded applications, and resets the phone back
to its initial state before you turned on the phone for the first time. Important Make sure to back up important data you have on the phone before you perform a factory data reset.
T-mobile G1 Android hard reset
1. The device must be powered OFF to G1 hard reset.
Note: If the device is not responsive and does not turn off, remove the battery and re-insert it.
2. Press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
3. Keep holding Home and Power together for at least 25 seconds, even if the "Startup" screen appears.
4. Release the keys when you see a black screen with a warning sign.
5. Slide the keyboard open.
6. As a shortcut, press ALT+W to factory reset the device. If this does not work, continue with the below steps.
7. Press ALT+L.
8. Press Alt+W for 'wipe data/factory reset'.
9. Press the Home + Back key.
Note: You can also remove the battery and re-insert it.
1. Press HOME > MENU, and then touch Settings.
2. Scroll down the screen, then touch SD card & phone storage.
3. Navigate to the Internal phone storage section, then touch Factory data reset.
4. On the Factory data reset screen, touch Reset phone. If prompted, enter your screen unlock pattern, then touch Erase everything.
Tip If your phone hangs or freezes, remove the battery, then wait for a few seconds, and then re-install it. After re-installing the battery, turn on the phone.