Sony Xperia Z hard resetUnlock or reset your Sony Xperia Z C6603 Android phone,
You can unlock your forgotten Xperia lock pattern, PIN or forgotten password using PC companion software update (scroll down)
If you can access your phone and the phone is responding to screen input, then open Settings from the Applications menu. Tap Backup & reset > Factory data reset, click Reset phone and then Erase everything to format your phone.
Your device freezes or has fatal errors
If your device freezes or hangs, you may need to close programs or reset the device to regain functionality. If your
device is frozen and unresponsive, press and hold the Power key for 10-15 seconds. The device will reboot automatically.
While using your device, be sure to back up important data. When disposing of your device, back up all data and then reset your device to prevent misuse of your personal information.
Sony Xperia Z hard reset using firmware updateYou need an unlocked boot loader on your phone.
To check please access to the service menu by entering the following code in the dialer: *#*#7378423#*#*
Tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can update your phone.
Note! The SD card of your device will be formatted and you will lose all content (for example photos, music, videos) when you unlock the boot loader.
If you want to upgrade your Xperia Z software / firmware you have to connect your turned off phone to a computer via USB cable, and press the Volume down key as the "flash key" until the flash tool recognize your phone. You also need Xperia Flash tool from sonymobile website. Sony mobile EMMA setup tool.
After you download the Sonymobile Xperia EMMA flashtool software, install it. Turn off your phone. Connect it via USB cable to your computer, while you press and hold the VOLUME DOWN key. In the flashtool the available software will be displayed under service window. Select it and press Apply service. The phone will be automatically flashed. After firmware update the phone will reboot. Be patient for the first time after upgrade. Note! After software update all data will be erased!
Remove unlock pattern or PIN password on your Xperia Android phone
If you are unable to access your Xperia phone or you have forgotten your unlock pattern, PIN or password, you can unlock your Android phone using Sony PC companion software. All you have to do is to update / reinstall the software on your Xperia phone.
Update your Xperia Z using PC companion softaware
What you need:
1. Your locked phone ( need to support flash mode)
2. A PC computer
3. PC Companion software
PC Companion software is preinstalled on your Xperia phone.
To install PC companion on your computer, just connect your phone to your pc and select - on the phone - Settings > Xperia > Connectivity, and mark the check box next to Install PC Companion. IT will launch PC Companion installation wizard when you connect your Xperia phone to your PC. (It is possible that this is checked by default, so you won't have to check it).
In a nutshell: After installation run the software and on the main screen, select SUPPORT ZONE and START button. Before the update process you have to connect your phone in flash mode: the FLASH key on your phone is VOLUME DOWN. Press the VOLUME DOWN key while you connect your phone with the micro USB connector to the computer. Follow the instructions on the screen. The Sony xperia software update will take about 5-10 minutes. Please note, that after the firmware update or reinstall, the boot time will be a little longer when you start up your Xperia Android phone.
DO NOT connect the phone to your computer yet.
1. On the PC Companion start screen select SUPPORT ZONE
2. Select Phone / Tablet software update START button
3. Click on repair my phone / tablet
4. Charge your phone at least 80%
5. Tick the checkbox next to "I have read and understood the information above" and click NEXT
6. Read the Warning! message and click Continue
7. Tick the checkbox and click NEXT 2 times.
8. In the phone model list select your Xperia phone and click next.
9. Follow the steps on the screen, hold volume DOWN key on your phone and plug in the USB cable.
10. When the update procedure is in progress release Volume DOWN button.
11. Be patient and wait until the reinstallation process will finish. It will take a few minutes.
12. When Sony PC Companion shows that your phone / tablet updated, disconnect your phone.
13. Turn your Xperia phone on. At first time it will take a few minutes, be patient!
14. Select the language you want to use. You are DONE! Now you have a Fresh unlocked Xperia.