To perform Xperia ARC hard reset
Resetting the Xperia ARC LT15i phone
You can reset your phone to its original settings, with or without deleting all of your personal data. It is possible to reset the phone to the state it was in before you first turned it on. But before you perform a reset, make sure to back up any important data saved on your phone.
To reset the phone
1. From your Home screen, tap .
2. Find and tap Settings > Privacy.
3. Tap Factory data reset.
4. To erase not only internal storage but also other user data such as pictures and music, mark the Erase SD card checkbox.
5. Tap Reset phone.
6. To confirm, tap Erase everything.
A hard reset will reset your phone to factory default settings. All files and configurations that you have entered in the phone will be lost. After the hard reset the phone will reinstall Windows Mobile and the software included.
Note: Backup the files that you want to keep, before you perform a hard reset. You can backup files via a computer or a memory card.
Update X12 firmware / Anzu software flash with Sony Ericsson PC Companion 2.0
Updating your phone wirelessly
To download software updates wirelessly
From your Home screen, tap .
Find and tap Settings > About phone > Software update.
Tap Update now.
Follow the on-screen instructions to update your phone. Select the Auto search option if you want your phone to automatically inform you about software updates.
Updating your phone using a USB cable
You can update your phone using a USB cable with the PC Companion application. The PC Companion application is available when you connect your phone to a computer with a USB cable.
To download software updates using a USB cable connection
Do not disconnect the USB cable when updating your phone as this may corrupt the content being transferred. Make sure that the hardware is safely removed from your computer when you are finished.
Before you can carry out the instructions below, you need to have PC Companion installed on your computer. To install PC Companion, connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable and follow the on-screen instructions in your phone.
1. Connect your phone to a computer using a USB cable. If you have just installed PC Companion, make sure you disconnect your phone from the computer and reconnect it before trying to download software updates.
2. Phone: Tap Connect your phone.
3. Computer: Wait a few seconds for PC Companion to start. If PC Companion does not start automatically, you can start it from the start menu of your computer.
4. Computer: Click Support Zone and select the Software Update option, follow the on-screen instructions to update your phone.
While using PC Companion, you will also get notifications whenever there are available software updates for your phone.
X12 firmware update with PC companion softwareDownload PC companion and install
Install PC companion on your PC computer. Follow instruction. For firmware update you need a micro USB cable. On the Xperia Arc turned off press and hold the BACK key and plug USB cable in while you hold down the back key. When the pc recognizing your Arc it will install the necessary driver files. Release Back key.
After your Arc connected press Start / in Support Zone
You can also use Sony Ericsson update service tool
PC Suite is out of date use PC companion software instead