Restarting your CLIÉ NX73v handheld
Normally, you do not need to reset your CLIÉ handheld. However, should your CLIÉ
handheld not turn on or not respond, you can perform a soft reset to solve the problem.
Follow the procedure below to reset your CLIÉ handheld.
Performing a soft reset
All records and entries stored on your CLIÉ handheld are retained even after
performing a soft reset.
Use the stylus to gently press the RESET button.
The system shuts down and then restarts.
After restarting, the system displays “palm
POWERED,” “CLIÉ,” and “SONY,”
followed by the Preferences screen for
setting up the time and date.
• After the RESET button is pressed, it takes a while before the Preferences
screen is displayed. Be sure not to press the RESET button again while resetting.
• Do not press the RESET button with anything other than the stylus. It may cause
Performing a Sony NX73 hard reset
If the soft reset does not solve the problem, you will need to perform a hard
reset to restart your CLIÉ handheld.
• All records and add-on applications stored on your CLIÉ handheld
will be erased by performing a hard reset.
• Perform a hard reset only if a soft reset does not solve your problem.
You can restore your CLIÉ handheld data if you have made a backup on your
1 Slide down and hold the POWER/HOLD switch.
2 Press the RESET button gently with the stylus, and then
release the stylus.
Keep the POWER/HOLD switch held down.
3 Three seconds after the palm POWERED screen is
displayed, release the POWER/HOLD switch.
A message warning that you are about to erase all the data stored on your
CLIÉ handheld is displayed.
4 Press the button.
A hard reset is performed on your CLIÉ handheld.
After restarting, the system displays “palm POWERED,” “CLIÉ,” and
“SONY,” followed by the Welcome screen.
After a hard reset, only the current date and time are retained. Formats,
Preferences, and other controls, revert to the factory settings.
• After the RESET button is pressed, it takes a while before the Welcome screen is
displayed. Be sure not to press the RESET button again while resetting.
• If the scroll button is not pressed for long enough, the hard reset might not be