Before you buy a new cell phone or new tablet, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery, backup your important data if possible and in most cases take out SIM and SD card before factory reset. It is impossible to recover your data after doing a hard reset, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on an external device, hard drive, raid system or media. With or without insurance, if your cell phone lost, damaged or stolen at least your invaluable data is backed up in a safe place. If you are about to sell your phone and you want to wipe your personal data, or if your phone affected with virus you have to do a hard reset. In some cases, you can delete the forgotten password or lock pattern from your device as well. All information is for devices with stock based ROMs. If you are using rooted device, always back up your EFS folder first, containing your IMEI info, etc.!
Samsung I9001 Galaxy S Plus hard reset quit RAMDUMP mode
1. Phone turned off. Plug in USB cable first.
2. PRESS AND HOLD VOLUME UP + POWER Buttons (or step 2 press VOL UP and DOWN + POWER )
3. When you see Samsung LOGO release buttons, then press MENU button (lower LEFT) when you see android figure.
If that not working (Press these 2 buttons VOL UP and HOME + press Power button for 2-3 Seconds)
Use this method to hard reset your Samsung I9001 Galaxy S Plus Android phone: Enter *2767*3855#. Warning! All your data including contacts, messages etc. will be lost! Copy all your necessary data/Contacts/Messages etc. to SIM or make backup to your PC before full reset! Take out SIM card before full reset.
Menu > Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset > Reset phone > Erase everything.
Samsung I9001 Galaxy S Plus download mode
1. DO NOT Plug in USB cable.
2. PRESS AND HOLD VOLUME DOWN + Home + POWER Buttons (or VOL DOWN + POWER) (Keep pressing these 2 buttons VOL DOWN and HOME + press Power button for 2-3 Seconds)
Release only power button, but KEEP pressing Volume down + Home Buttons. When you see Downloading PLUG IN USB cable.