How to reset Samsung i847 Rugby Smart hard reset
ATT Rugby smart Android System Recovery using hardware buttons
Android System Recovery is used for Google updates but the average user will never need to perform a system recovery.
Note: If you entered this menu by mistake, use the Volume Up/Down keys to select reboot system now, then press the HOME key. Your phone will then continue to boot up.
To enter the Android System Recovery mode, follow these steps:
1. With the phone turned off, press the Power key and Volume Up keys at the same time.
The Samsung logo will appear for a few seconds and then disappear. Continue to press the Power key and Volume Up keys.
2. When the Samsung logo reappears, release the Power key and Volume Up keys then press and hold the MENU key.
3. Continue to press the MENU key for 15-20 seconds, until Recovery mode is launched and the Android System
Recovery icon is displayed.
4. Release the MENU key.
5. Press the MENU key again.
6. The following options are displayed:
• reboot system now: this option turns on your phone.
• apply update from sdcard: this option allows you to apply updates from your memory card to your phone.
• wipe data/factory reset: deletes all data from the phone except pictures and videos.
• wipe cache partition: allows you to delete all cache data such as log files.
• install fota: allows you to install over-the-air firmware.
7. Use the Volume Up/Down keys to scroll up or down, then press the key to make a selection.
Samsung Rugby Soft resetIf your device has fatal errors, hangs up, or freezes, you may need to reset the device to regain functionality.
If your device is frozen and unresponsive, press and hold the Power/Lock Key for 13 to 15 seconds.
Samsung Rugby Safe ModeYou can boot your phone into Safe Mode if you wish to troubleshoot whether or not added applications are causing
problems with the device. Safe mode will only load basic system software.
1. Make sure your phone is turned off.
2. Press and hold the power key to boot up your device.
3. After the start-up animation begins to display, rapidly tap the MENU key until the Lock screen displays.
When the Lock screen is displayed, Safe mode is displayed in the lower left corner of the screen.
Use this method to hard reset your Samsung AT&T i847 Rugby phone: Enter *2767*3855#. Warning! All your data including contacts, messages etc. will be lost! Copy all your necessary data/Contacts/Messages etc. to SIM or make backup to your PC before full reset! Take out SIM card before full reset.
If you know the hard reset using buttons / keys, pls leave a comment. All comments are welcome! :)