Samsung Galaxy S7 hard reset
Using the hardware keys to remove password or reset the gesture lock on S7 Edge
1. Turn off the phone completely.
2. Press and hold both Volume UP (and HOME) + power on the phone.
3. When Android Recovery menu screen appears release all keys.
4. Navigate and highlight "wipe data / factory reset" using the Volume down key and press power.
5. Navigate and highlight again to Yes -- delete all data and press power.
6. All data will be lost! Before doing a hard reset backup all important data.
After hard reset is done select Reboot system now. Press power to reboot the phone.
Another way to reset your Galaxy S7 is to enter the reset code on dial screen.
On dial screen enter this Samsung Galaxy S7 reset code: *2767*3855#
All data will be lost!
Use Samsung Galaxy Galaxy S7 Backup and reset function
Go to Settings > Backup and reset > Factory data reset: Reset settings to the factory default values and delete all data.
Your device freezes or has fatal errors
If your device freezes or hangs, you may need to close applications or reinsert the battery and
turn on the device to regain functionality. If your device is frozen and unresponsive, press and
hold the Power button for more than 8-10 seconds to reboot.
If this does not solve the problem, perform a factory data reset. On the Applications
screen, tap Settings -> Backup and reset -> Factory data reset -> Reset device -> Erase everything. Before performing the factory data reset, remember to make back-up copies of all important data stored on the device.
Samsung Galaxy S7 soft reset / restart
Press and hold for 8-10 seconds to reset the device if it has fatal errors or hang-ups, or freezes. This will restart your Samsung Galaxy S7 Android phone.
Samsung Galaxy S7 enter safe mode
1. Turn off the phone.
2. Press and hold Volume DOWN and press power shortly, but keep pressing VOL down until lock screen is displayed.
To turn off Galaxy S7 safe mode
Tap the notification area and tap the Safe Mode notification. A pop up window will appear, select OK. The phone will reboot in normal mode.