- by Hard Reset
Samsung Captivate SGH-i897 Factory data reset
From this menu you can reset your phone and sound settings to the factory default settings.
1. From the Home screen, touch ➔ Settings ➔ Privacy.
2. Touch Factory data reset, enter your password, then select Yes to confirm.
The phone resets to the factory default settings automatically and when finished displays the Home screen.
Warning!: Performing a Factory data reset will erase all data from your phone, including your Google account, system and application
data and settings, and downloaded applications. It will not erase current system software and bundled applications or files on your
SD card such as music or photos.
Samsung Captivate SGH-i897 Android System Recovery
Android System Recovery is used for Google updates but the average user will never need to perform a system recovery.
Note: If you entered this menu by mistake, use the Volume Up/Down keys to select reboot system now, then press the Power key. Your phone will then continue to boot up.
To enter the i897 Android System Recovery mode, follow these steps:
1. With the phone turned off, press the Power key and Volume Up/Down keys at the same time until the phone switches on.
2. Once the AT&T logo appears, release the Power key while continuing to press the Volume Up/Down keys.
3. Continue to press the Volume Up/Down keys for at least 8 seconds, until Recovery mode is launched and the Android
System Recovery screen is displayed.
4. Release the Volume Up/Down keys.
5. The following options are available:
• reboot system now: this option turns on your phone.
• reinstall packages: this option allows you to apply updates to your phone.
• delete all user data: deletes all data from the phone.
• delete cache data: allows you to delete all cache data such as log files.
6. Use the Volume Up/Down keys to scroll up or down, then use the Power key to make a selection.