- by Hard Reset
RESETTING THE Royaltek RTW-1000 POCKET PC
There are two options for resetting the Pocket PC.
This option restarts the Pocket PC, without reinstallation being necessary. A soft-reset is often used in order to reorganize the
memory. In doing so all programs that are running are interrupted and the working memory is reinitialised.
Choose this option if your Pocket PC is not responding or working properly.
Perform the RTW-1000 Empus soft-reset as follows:
1. If possible save the files that your Pocket PC has just been processing.
2. Press the tip of the stylus into the soft-reset switch opening.
After a few seconds the Pocket PC displays the start screen. Your configuration and your saved files will not be deleted.
- Selection wheel: To select options in programs.
- Ext. antenna: To use ext. antenna.
- Reset Button: Restarts your Pocket PC. (Soft-Reset)
RTW 1000 HARD-RESET
Warning: A hard-reset deletes all data on your Pocket PC and causes it to return to its initial state.
It is not necessary to install the software on your synchronization computer again, however.
Perform the RTW-1000 Empus hard-reset as the following:
1. If possible, back up all the files needed from your Pocket PC. To do this use the programs bundled with the Pocket PC
2. Hold down the On/Off switch and carry out a soft reset.