Proscan PLT722 hard reset android tablet with no Volume keys
How to reset Proscan PLT722 when you forgot your password or unlock pattern. How to remove unlock pattern on your Proscan PLT722 android tablet
To reset this tablet is a little bit tricky, because there are no physical Volume keys on the device, but we have a "hidden" RESET hole (on the side of the tablet) and using this we can easily do a factory reset on the tablet to remove the password and get access to it.
Using the Hard Reset (Factory Reset)
If you want to restore your Proscan Android tablet to its original condition, use a Hard Reset (Factory Reset) to initialize it.
1. Turn the power off.
2. Find the tiniest RESET hole on the side of the tablet next to the micro USB charger port and use a paper clip or similar tool to click it, press gently the RESET button in the hole. While you are pressing the reset button press and hold the Power button also until the Proscan logo comes up and the Android robot is displaying on the screen. (Note this is not the RESET hole on the back of the device.)
3. Release the Power and the reset button.
4. To get into the Android recovery menu you have to click it push it down again the tiny little RESET button in the hole and the POWER button together. Keep pushing the two buttons until the recovery menu displayed.
5. To highlight the options use the paper clip and press the RESET button to move down the highlighter bar until you get to Wipe data / Factory Reset. Press the POWER key to get in the next menu.
6. Move the bar again using the reset button and highlight Yes -- delete all data and press the POWER button.
If you perform a Hard Reset, all user applications, user data and DRM licenses will be deleted. Please remember to backup any important data before performing a Hard Reset.
Proscan PLT722 soft reset or restart the device when it is frozen
If device is hanging, use a small pin or paper clip to press Reset hole on the back of the device, it will forced shut down and the device will power on again.
Proscan PLT722 factory reset from the menu
Factory data reset – Reset your settings to the factory default values and delete all your data. If you reset the tablet this way, you are prompted to re-enter the same information as when you first started your Android tablet.
Go to Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Reset Tablet and confirm
All data will be deleted!
Check the software version on your tablet: Settings > About tablet> System updates > Check now.
NOTE: Your personal data from internal phone storage — including information about your Google account and any other accounts, your system/application data and settings, any downloaded applications and your DRM licence — might be lost in the process of updating your phone's software. Therefore, it is always recommended to backup your personal data before updating your phone's software.