Proscan PLT1066 hard reset using SD card firmware update
How to reset Proscan PLT1066gbt when you forgot your password or unlock pattern. How to remove unlock pattern on your Proscan PLT1066 android tablet
1. Download the firmware package from the website here
2. Unzip and copy "recovery.img", "update.zip" and "factory_update_param.aml" files to the SD card.
3. Turn the tablet device off.
4. Insert SD card in the tablet sd card slot.
5. Plug the charger Power adapter in the tablet. Charging icon will appear on the screen.
6. Press the POWER button five times until the Android figure appears on the display.
7. The update will begin automatically and takes about 4-5 minutes.
Update param file content
If you perform a Hard Reset, all user applications, user data and DRM licenses will be deleted. Please remember to backup any important data before performing a Hard Reset.
Proscan PLT1066 soft reset or restart the device when it is frozen
If device is hanging, use a small pin or paper clip to press Reset hole on the back of the device, it will forced shut down and the device will power on again.
Proscan PLT1066 factory reset from the menu
Factory data reset – Reset your settings to the factory default values and delete all your data. If you reset the tablet this way, you are prompted to re-enter the same information as when you first started your Android tablet.
Go to Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Reset Tablet and confirm
All data will be deleted!
Check the software version on your tablet: Settings > About tablet> System updates > Check now.
NOTE: Your personal data from internal phone storage — including information about your Google account and any other accounts, your system/application data and settings, any downloaded applications and your DRM licence — might be lost in the process of updating your phone's software. Therefore, it is always recommended to backup your personal data before updating your phone's software.