Resetting your Palm Z22 handheld
On rare occasions your handheld may not respond when you press a button or tap the screen. In this case, you need to reset your handheld.
Doing a soft reset
A soft reset tells your handheld to stop what it’s doing and start over again. None of your
information will be lost. After a soft reset, a screen appears that lets you reset the date and time,
To do a soft reset, use the tip of the stylus to gently press the reset button on the back of your
If your handheld does not respond after a soft reset, you need to do a hard reset.
Doing a Palm Z22 hard reset
Important A hard reset deletes all records and entries stored on your handheld, including the username that identifies the handheld. This is another reason why it's important to
synchronize often, so you have an up-to-date backup of your information available. Before you do a hard reset, be sure to synchronize.
1. Press and hold the power button.
2. While holding the power button, use the tip of the stylus (or a similar object
without a sharp tip) to gently press and release the reset button inside the hole on the back of your handheld.
3. Wait for the Palm Powered™ logo to appear, and then release the power button.
4. When you see the message that warns you about erasing all of the info on your handheld, do one of the following:
• Press Up on the 5-way navigator to finish the reset and show the touchscreen.
• Press any other button to do a soft reset.
5. When prompted, tap to align the screen, and then select the language you want to use on your handheld. A screen appears showing the Palm logo and a progress bar.
When the Welcome screen appears, the hard reset is complete. Follow the instructions to set up your handheld.