Performing a Palm Tungsten C soft reset
A soft reset tells your handheld to stop what it’s doing and start over again. All
records and entries stored in your handheld are retained with a soft reset. After a
soft reset, the Welcome screen appears, followed by the Date and Time Preferences
screen (to set the date and the time).
To perform a soft reset:
Use the reset tip tool, or the tip of an unfolded paper clip (or similar object
without a sharp tip), to gently press the reset button inside the hole on the back
panel of your handheld.
TIP The metal and plastic stylus that comes with your handheld has a reset tip
inside. To use it, unscrew the barrel from the stylus quill.
Performing a Palm Tungsten C hard reset
With a hard reset, all records and entries stored in your handheld are erased. Never
perform a hard reset unless a soft reset does not solve your problem.
NOTE You can restore any data previously synchronized with your computer during
the next HotSync operation.
To perform a Tungsten C hard reset:
1. Hold down the power button on the front panel of the handheld.
2. While holding down the power button, use the reset tip tool, or the tip of an
unfolded paper clip (or similar object without a sharp tip), to gently press and
release the reset button.
3. Wait for the Palm Powered™ logo to appear; then release the power button.
4. When a message appears on the handheld screen warning that you are about to
erase all the data stored on your handheld, do one of the following:
– Press Up on the navigator to complete the hard reset and display the
– Press any application button to perform a soft reset. (Pressing a keyboard key
has no effect.)
NOTE With a hard reset, the current date and time are retained. Formats
preferences and other settings are restored to their factory default settings