Resetting your Palm Treo 300 phone
Under normal circumstances, you will not have to use the reset button.
On rare occasions, however, your phone may no longer respond to
buttons or the screen. In this case, you need to perform a reset to get your
phone running again.
Performing a soft reset
A soft reset tells your phone to stop what it’s doing and start over again.
All records and entries stored in your phone are retained with a soft reset.
After a soft reset, the Welcome screen appears, followed by the General
Preferences screen (to set time and date).
To perform a soft reset:
1. Unscrew the tip of the stylus to access the reset tool.
2. Use the reset tool to gently press the reset button inside the hole on
the back panel of your phone.
Tip: You can also use the tip of an unfolded paper clip (or similar object
without a sharp tip).
Performing a warm (or safe) reset
A warm (or safe) reset bypasses system extensions on your phone, such as
HackMaster hacks or system patches. Performing a warm reset enables
you to uninstall a third-party application that may be causing a
To perform a warm (or safe) reset:
1. Press and hold the top scroll button on the front panel of your phone.
2. While holding down the top scroll button, use the reset tool (or
similar object without a sharp tip) to gently press the reset button.
3. When the system screen appears, release the top scroll button.
Performing a hard reset
With a hard reset, all records and entries stored in your phone are erased.
Never perform a hard reset unless a soft or warm reset does not solve your
Note: You can restore any data previously synchronized with your
computer during the next HotSync operation.
To perform a Palm Treo 300 hard reset:
1. Press and hold the power button on the top of the phone.
2. While holding down the power button, use the reset tool (or similar
object without a sharp tip) to gently press and release the reset
3. When the system screen appears, release the power button.
4. When a message appears on the phone screen warning that you are
about to erase all the data stored on your phone, do one of the
- Press the top scroll button on the front panel of your phone to
complete the hard reset and display the Digitizer screen.
- Press any other button to perform a soft reset.
Note: With a hard reset, the current date and time are retained. Formats
Preferences and other settings are restored to their factory default
5. If the language selection screen appears, select the same language
you selected for your desktop software. Choosing a different language
may result in loss of data.
To restore your data after a hard reset
Use HotSync Manager.