Before you buy a new cell phone or new tablet, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery, backup your important data if possible and in most cases take out SIM and SD card before factory reset. It is impossible to recover your data after doing a hard reset, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on an external device, hard drive, raid system or media. With or without insurance, if your cell phone lost, damaged or stolen at least your invaluable data is backed up in a safe place. If you are about to sell your phone and you want to wipe your personal data, or if your phone affected with virus you have to do a hard reset. In some cases, you can delete the forgotten password or lock pattern from your device as well. All information is for devices with stock based ROMs. If you are using rooted device, always back up your EFS folder first, containing your IMEI info, etc.!
Nokia Lumia 822 hard resetIf your phone isn't responding
Do the following:
• Switch the phone off, and remove the battery. After about a minute, put the battery back in, and switch the phone on.
• Update your phone software.
• Reset your phone. This restores the factory settings, and erases all your personal content, including apps you've purchased and downloaded. On the start screen, swipe left, and tap Settings > about > reset your phone.
To hard reset your Nokia Lumia 822
Factory reset Nokia Lumia 822 from the menuOn the start screen Scroll down to the bottom of the screen. Tap arrow.
- On the Start screen, tap .
- Tap Settings > about phone.
- Tap reset your phone, and then tap yes.