- by Hard Reset
Motorola XT720 MOTOROI hard reset
If there are significant problems with your device or you are not able to follow the steps above please use the following process to manually reset the phone:
1. Turn off phone
2. Press Power key + Camera Key + GalleryKey to power on the phone and bring up the recovery screen
3. When the Triangle/Exclamation point screen appears, press Volume Up + Gallery Key down and tap the camera key to show the recovery menu.
4. When the recovery window appears, use the volume up/down keys to navigate the menu and the camera key to enter your selection.
5. Select Wipe data/factory reset
6. Select Reboot Phone
Note: Your contact and email information is automatically backed up to the Gmail server. Your information will be restored when you login with your user name and a password.
Factory Data Reset is a tool used to remove everything that was imported, added or installed on the device.
WARNING: When using this feature; everything is deleted.
Nothing stored on the MicroSD will be affected.
To Perform a XT720 Reset
1. Open the Applications Tray. (arrow pointing up located in the middle at the bottom of the display screen)
2. Touch Settings
3. Touch Privacy
4. Touch Factory data reset
5. Touch Reset Phone
6. Touch Erase Everything
Note: You cannot reset/clear your phone remotely if it is lost or stolen.