Motorola XPRT hard reset1. Power off the device
2. Press and hold the R and M keys while pressing the Power button. You will see the red M logo on your screen then the screen with the Android-bot and a yellow exclamation mark inside a white triangle
3. Once this screen appears, release the keys and press the @ key
4. Use the Volume Up and Volume down buttons to select wipe data/factory reset
5. Choose Yes -- delete all user data to confirm that you would like to wipe all data from the device and press the Return key
6. Your device should now cycle through the wiping/reset process and return to the Android system recovery screen
7. After userdata is cleared, the "reboot system now" option will be highlighted by default. Press the return key to power off/on your device
8. It will take a few moments to arrive at the initial Android Welcome screen.
WARNING: Factory Data Reset is a tool used to remove everything that was imported, added or installed on the device. When using this feature; information you have programmed in the handset, i.e. apps downloaded through the Market, Contacts, Email and Social network Accounts is deleted, however, nothing stored on the MicroSD, i.e., pictures, music, videos, etc. will be affected.
Factory Data Reset is a tool used to remove everything that was imported, added or installed on the device.
WARNING: When using this feature; everything is deleted. Nothing stored on the MicroSD will be affected.
Important Note: Your contact and email information is automatically backed up to the Gmail server. Your information will be restored when you login with your user name and a password.
To Perform a Reset via menu
Press Menu > Settings > Privacy, then Touch Factory data reset > Reset Phone > Erase Everything