Xoom Forced Reboot
In the unlikely event that your device becomes unresponsive, try a forced reboot: Press and hold both
Power/Lock and the up-volume key for three seconds.
Xoom MZ604 Reset
To reset your tablet to factory settings and erase all the data on your device, from the home screen, touch
Apps > Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset.
Warning: All data on your tablet will be deleted.
Motorola XOOM MZ604 hard reset
Perform a factory reset using the settings menu
To Perform a Xoom Reset:
1. From the home screen, touch Apps
2. Touch Settings
3. Touch Privacy
4. Touch Factory data reset
5. Check the Erase USB storage box if you would like to erase all content stored.
6. Touch Reset tablet and follow the onscreen instructions
Perform a XOOM factory reset using buttons / keys
Note: It is highly recommended you use the above factory reset using the settings. Making a mistake using the factory reset using external key method could have very bad consequences.
If you are unable to navigate through the menu to perform a factory data reset, you can follow the steps outlined below:
1. Ensure your tablet is off.
2. Turn on the tablet, while the tablet is showing Motorola logo, press the volume down key.
3. Wait a few seconds and press the volume down key until "Android recovery" shows up in top left corner
4. Press volume up key to place tablet in Android recovery mode
5. While tablet is showing Android recovery screen (Android with triangle exclamation), press and hold the power button.
6. While power button is pressed, press and release volume up key
7. You should be prompted with: wipe data/factory reset option
8. Using the volume down button, scroll down to “Wipe data/factory reset”
9. Press power to select option
10. Scroll down to select “Yes, delete all user data”.
11. Use the power button to select.
12. Press the Power button to reboot.