Motorola Photon hard reset using key comboIf you are unable to navigate through the menu to perform a MB855 factory data reset, you can follow the steps outlined below:
1. Power off the phone, press and hold volume down button, press power button
2. Screen will come up with "Fastboot", press Vol down key to cycle through choices until you get "Android Recovery", then press Vol up key
3. Wait for the "triangle ! / Android" screen
4. Press both Volume up and Volume down key simultaneously. A menu will come up
5. Tap on Volume down key until "wipe data/factory reset" is highlighted, and tap Power key. Another Confirmation screen will come. Tap on Volume down key until coming to Yes and tap Power key
6. After userdata is cleared, the "reboot system now" option will be highlighted by Default. Tap Power key
7. Phone will reboot to initial setup screen.
In the unlikely event that your phone stops reponding to taps and key presses, try a quick reset. Remove the back cover and battery, then replace and turn your phone on as usual.
MB855 Factory reset
Complete factory data including the BP
settings and resetting the MIN / MDN based on the ESN / MEID under a hidden menu
1. Launch the dialer on the device and enter ##7764726 and dial. This launches the Security screen.
2. Enter the SPC Password and click Verify. This launches the Programming Menu screen.
3. Scroll down to 14. “Service Reset”.
Selecting this option will perform a complete factory data including the BP settings and resetting the MIN /
MDN based on the ESN / MEID.
Resetting Your Motorola Photon Phone
Selecting Reset phone resets all phone settings back to their default values, and clears all information (text messages, contacts, emails, etc.) and downloaded
1. Touch MENU > Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset.
2. Select Erase Internal Storage (media area) and/or Erase SD card, and then touch Reset phone.
3. Read the prompt and touch Erase everything to complete the reset. (Press BACK key to cancel.)
WARNING: All data on your phone will be deleted.
You may get an automatic notification of an available update on your phone. Follow the instructions to download and install.
To manually check for updates, touch MENU > Settings > About phone > System updates > Update Firmware.
Your phone downloads any updates over your mobile network. Remember, these updates can be quite large (25MB or more) and may not be available in all countries.