Motorola DROID X ME811 hard reset
1. Turn off phone
2. Press and hold Power key + Home hard key to power on the phone and bring up a triangle with an exclamation point inside next to a green Android graphic.
3. Press Search hard key to show the Android recovery menu.
4. Tap to select "wipe data/factory reset" (you can also use Volume buttons to scroll up or down in this menu)
5. Press Menu hard key under "Ok" screen prompt (camera button can also be used to confirm selection)
6. Handset will ask you to "Confirm wipe of all user data"
7. Select "Yes -- delete all user data"
8. Press Menu hard key under "Ok" screen prompt to start wipeout of phone, handset will begin to format handset showing progress with multiple lines of ellipses (....) (camera button can also be used to confirm selection)
9. Handset may take from 5-20 minutes to format.
10. When format is complete, press Menu hard key under "Ok" screen (or use the camera button) when prompted to reboot (Reboot system now will be highlighted)
11. You will see either an open box and the green android graphic when handset is rebooting (or the red DROID eye graphic).
12. Handset will be cleared of previous personal data, and you will need to start over with initial set-up process.
To complete a Droid X ME811 Factory Data Reset:
1. From any homescreen of your phone, tap the Menu hard key.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Scroll down and tap Privacy.
4. Scroll down and tap Factory Data Reset.
5. Tap Reset Phone, confirm to execute.
It may take from 5 to 45 minutes for your handset to power back on and get to the initial Android welcome screen.