Motorola DROID BIONIC XT875 hard reset
To perform a DROID BIONIC factory data reset through settings (DROID BIONIC locked out of handset, frozen screens), use the following process to hard reset your DROID BIONIC phone:
WARNING: All data will be lost! Factory Data Reset is used to remove everything that was imported, added or installed on the device. When using this feature; information you have programmed in the handset, i.e. apps downloaded through the Market, Contacts, Email and Social network Accounts is deleted, however, nothing stored on the Internal Storage Memory or MicroSD (if available), i.e., pictures, music, videos, etc. will be affected.
1. Power off the phone, press and hold the Volume up and Volume down button, then press the Power button simultaneously while powering up the unit.
2. Screen will come up with "Fastboot" at the top of the screen, press Volume down key to cycle through choices until you get "Android Recovery", then press Volume up key to boot in this mode
3. Wait for the "triangle ! / Android" screen then go on to step 4
4. Press both Volume up and Volume down key simultaneously. A Recovery Menu will come up
5. Tap on Volume down key until "wipe data/factory reset" is highlighted, and tap Power button. Another Confirmation screen will come. Tap on Volume down key until coming to Yes and tap Power button
6. After userdata is cleared, the "reboot system now" option will be highlighted by Default. Tap Power button
7. Phone will reboot to initial setup screen.
To Perform a Factory Data Reset through settings menu:
1. From the Home screen, press Menu
2. Touch Settings
3. Touch Privacy
4. Touch Factory data reset (Read notes for other options)
5. Touch Reset Phone
6. Touch Erase Everything