- by Hard Reset
Motorola ATRIX 4G MB860 hard reset
To perform an External Manual Reset of your handset to restore to factory settings, read instructions below and then perform.
1. Power off the phone, press and hold volume down button, press power button.
2. Screen will come up with "Fastboot", press Vol down key to cycle through choices until you get "Android Recovery", then press Vol up key
3. Wait for the "triangle ! / Android" screen then go on to step 4
4. Press both Volume + and -. Tap on bottom right corner of the screen (may take a few times). a menu will come up.
5. Tap on "wipe data/factory reset", and tap OK. Another Confirmation screen will come. Tap Yes and OK
6. After userdata is cleared, the "reboot system now" option will be highlighted by Default. Tap OK.
7. Phone will reboot to initial setup MOTOBLUR screen.
Please note: If Factory menu does not appear press the volume-button to access the menu.
Navigation in menu by volume up/down, confirm with power button.
To Perform a Factory Data Reset through settings menu:
1. Open the Applications Tray. (arrow pointing up located in the middle at the bottom of the display screen)
2. Touch Settings
3. Touch Privacy
4. Touch Factory data reset
5. Touch Reset Phone
6. Touch Erase Everything
Note: Contact your service provider if you need to reset/clear phone remotely.