Mitac Mio A701 Hard reset Soft reset
Resetting Your Mio A701
CAUTION: Resetting will cause unsaved data to be lost.
Resetting your A701 is similar to restarting your desktop computer. It restarts
the operating system, but you will lose any unsaved data.
Occasionally, you may need to reset your A701;
for example, you should reset when your A701
stops responding; in other words, it appears to be
“frozen” or “locked up.”
Use the stylus to press the reset button on your
Restoring Factory Default State A701 Hard reset
In some cases, you may need to restore your A701 to the factory default state by
clearing the memory from your A701. For example, you should clear the
- When your A701 does not respond after being reset.
- When you forget your password.
Clearing the memory means all data you have entered in A701’s memory,
including all files, system settings and additional programs you have installed,
will be erased. (Programs installed to ROM at the factory are not affected.)
CAUTION: To ensure the integrity of your data should it be necessary to clear the
memory, you are advised to regularly back up your data.
Follow this procedure to clear the memory from your A701:
1. Make sure that A701 is turned off.
2. Press and hold the Down Volume button. When holding it, press and hold the End button.
3. After A701 vibrates, you can let go of both buttons.
4. A701 will turn on automatically. The backlight of the keypad will glow, and the setup wizard will appear on the screen. Follow the on-screen
instructions to complete the setup wizard.
5. Re-establish a partnership with your desktop computer.
6. Re-install the add-on software, if necessary.