MiTAC Mio 338 soft reset
Press the reset hole on the left side of the Mio 338 to restart your PDA.
Resetting your Pocket PC is similar to restarting your desktop computer. It
restarts the operating system, but you will lose any unsaved data.
Occasionally, you may need to reset your Pocket PC; for example, you should reset:
After you restore data from your desktop computer.
When your Pocket PC stops responding; in other words, it appears to be “frozen” or “locked up.”
Follow this procedure to reset your Pocket PC:
1. Remove the SD/MMC card (if installed).
2. Use the stylus to press the reset button on the side of your Pocket PC.
MiTAC Mio 338 hard resetFollow this procedure to clear the memory from your Pocket PC:
1. Backup your information if necessary.
2. Disconnect all cables, including the AC adapter, from your Pocket PC.
3. Stop all running programs by tapping Win Start > Settings > System tab > Memory icon > Running Programs tab > Stop All.
4. Use the stylus to slide the battery switch to the OFF (up) position.
5. Wait for 1 minute and then slide the switch back to the ON (down) position.
6. The red notification indicator on your Pocket PC will flash for approximately 30 seconds. Then your Pocket PC will automatically turn on and display the Welcome screen.
7. To begin the Welcome Wizard, tap the screen with the stylus and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the Welcome Wizard.
8. Restore data to your Pocket PC from your most recent backup file.
NOTE: If the battery completely runs out of power and is not charged in time, you will get the same result as you restore the factory default state.