RESETTING THE Medion 200 POCKET PCThere are two options for resetting the Pocket PC. SOFT-RESET This option restarts the Pocket PC, without reinstallation being necessary. A soft-reset is often used in order to reorganize the memory. In doing so all programs that are running are interrupted and the working memory is reinitialized. Choose this option if your Pocket PC is not responding or working properly.
Perform the soft-reset as follows:
Press Reset Button. This will Restart your Pocket PC. (Soft-Reset)
Medion PPC 200 HARD-RESETCAUTION: Always leave the backup battery switch in the ON position unless you need to perform a hard reset. A
hard reset will cause the memory of your Pocket PC to be cleared.
Warning: A hard-reset deletes all data on your Pocket PC and causes a new initial installation.
It is not necessary to install the software on your synchronisation computer again, however.
Perform the hard-reset as follows:
1. If possible save all the files needed from your Pocket PC. To do this use the program BackupRestore which is pre-installed on the Pocket PC
2. Slide the battery lock to the unlock position (1) and then open the battery door (2). Turn the backup battery switch in the OFF position.
3. Insert the projected parts of the battery into the battery compartment (3) and then fit the battery into place (4).
3. The backup battery switch should be set to the ON (right) position for normal operation.
Pull out the stylus and use it to slide the battery switch to the ON (right) position.
4. Replace the battery door and slide the battery lock to the lock position.