Before you buy a new cell phone or new tablet, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery, backup your important data if possible and in most cases take out SIM and SD card before factory reset. It is impossible to recover your data after doing a hard reset, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on an external device, hard drive, raid system or media. With or without insurance, if your cell phone lost, damaged or stolen at least your invaluable data is backed up in a safe place. If you are about to sell your phone and you want to wipe your personal data, or if your phone affected with virus you have to do a hard reset. In some cases, you can delete the forgotten password or lock pattern from your device as well. All information is for devices with stock based ROMs. If you are using rooted device, always back up your EFS folder first, containing your IMEI info, etc.!
LG Optimus G LS970 hard resetIf you perform a hard reset, all user applications and user data will be deleted.
Please remember to back up any important data before performing a hard reset.
1. Turn the Sprint Eclipse 4G LTE phone off.
2. Press and hold Volume Down Key + Power/Lock Key at the same time.
3. Release the keys when the FACTORY HARD RESET screen appears.
4. Read the warning and press the Power/ Lock Key to confirm. Press any other key to cancel.
5. Press the Power/Lock Key to confirm once more or press any other key to cancel.
6. Your device will perform a hard reset.
or Reset LG Eclipse LS970 from Menu - Reset LG EclipseTo reset your LG Optimus G LS970 hard reset phone to factory settings and erase all the data on your phone, Select Settings → Back up and reset→ Factory data reset → Reset device→ Delete all.
On Android ICS or Jelly Bean 4.0 4.1 or higher
Resetting the phone does not erase any system software updates you have downloaded or any files on your microSD card,
such as music or photos. If you reset the phone in this way, you are prompted to re-enter the same information that you did when you first started Android.
You can use LG Mobile Support tool to repair your LG cell phone, after download select menu Customer Support > Recovery Phone
LG LS970 Optimus G Safe Mode and System Recovery
Using Safe mode
To recover your LG LS970 phone when malfunctioning.
1. Turn off your phone and reboot. When you see the booting animation (Rethink Possible SM)
press and hold the Volume Down Key . Your Home screen will then be displayed with the words "Safe mode" in
lower left corner.
2. From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key and tap All settings > General tab > Applications.
3. Tap one of the available tabs at the top of the screen and select the application you wish to uninstall.
4. Tap Uninstall and OK to confirm.
5. After uninstalling the application, turn off and reboot your phone.