LeTV Le 1s hard reset recovery menu
You can try to enter the Android Recovery menu on your device and if there is no option to enter this recovery mode to "wipe data" or "Factory reset" your device, you won't be able to enter this menu. If these options will be available in a future ROM / Firmware release than you should try the following method to enter / get in the menu.
- Fully charge the battery.
- Turn ON the device by pressing and holding the VOLUME UP key and the power key together.
- Wait until you see LETV logo.
- Release all buttons.
- When EUI system recovery menu appears... go and
- Tap check mark next to the second option, but remove check mark from the first one, system update.
- Confirm your selection on the screen. Tap start. If you have chinese recovery menu select the default touch button, the right one on the screen.
- After hard reset is done, tap RESTART to reboot the phone.
Note! Almost All data will be deleted! In the phone's internal storage the files may left untouched but all system settings will be erased. Be sure to backup your user data before doing a hard reset. The next boot will take a little longer than the usual boot time. Be patient. When "Select your language" screen shows up you are OK. Select your desired language and set up your phone just like when you did it in the first time.
Resetting Your LeTV Le 1s Android phone from the menu option factory reset - when you are able to access the phone
With Clean Boot, you can reset your phone to its factory defaults. When you reset your phone, the data stored in your device may be erased.
1. Tap Settings
2. Tap Factory data reset > Reset phone >Reset? Select reset to reset the phone
resetting the device from the menu when you can access the phone / the phone freezing
- Turn on the phone by pressing and holding the power button for 15seconds (while connected to the charger)
- Go to System Update Application
- Update to latest system version
- If that didn’t work please make a backup of your important files
- Perform a factory reset: System Settings > Restore Factory Settings > Factory Data Reset
Or other way to do a factory reset (Turn the Phone off)
- Press and Hold Power and Volume + at same time (Recovery mode)
- Uncheck Update System
- Make sure that there is a check box on the Clear Data
- Press Start Button
LeTV Le 1s x500 superphone hard reset recovery firmware update / update EUI5.8.017S (Marshmallow)
This tutorial will show you how to unlock / remove your forgotten lock pattern, fingerprint lock or reset LeTV Le 1s / LETV X500 / X507 mobile device. If you forgot your unlock pattern, PIN or password on LeTV Le 1s or you lost your fingers :), your only option is to reinstall its firmware or Format your device with Smart phone Flash Tool. If in the recovery menu there is no option to factory reset the phone/tablet like in this case, or you are unable to access the recovery menu with the phone's physical keys but you can install software from SD card or you can format your MTK chipset based device with SP Flash tool then you have a good chance to get access your phone / phablet again.
Follow the instructions to reinstall LeTV Le 1s firmware or read on to see what else you can do to Factory reset your device using SP Flash tool or ADB Android Debug Bridge.
How to update firmware on LeTV Le 1s?
You can update, install or reinstall the original stock or custom firmware on your device with two different methods.
One is SD card update and the other is Smartphone SP Flash tool from PC.
If your phone supports SD card / internal phone storage update then you can copy the custom firmware e.g. update.zip file to your SD card's root directory or in internal phone storage and install the firmware using the phone's update mode also called download mode.
LETV 1S has no external SD card slot, but has internal phone storage which can be used for the procedure. Download the official ROM update for LETV 1S here.
Simply rename to update.zip and copy the update file e.g S1_x500-OS-OP-DHXOSOP5501406011S-5.5.014S.zip or FULL_X500_X500-OS-OP-DHXOSOP5801708261S-5.8.017S.zip to the phone's internal storage. In Windows 10 just drag and drop the downloaded firmware file to the LETV 1S's icon in the File explorer tree view window or copy / paste the file.
Please note: If you have the EUI 5.5.007S old EUI system on your phone then you must upgrade it to EUI 5.5.014S first, and then you can move to newer firmware EUI release like EUI5.8.017S (Marshmallow). Check it in Settings > About phone
Be sure your battery is in good condition and has enough power at least 80%.
Put the phone in Download mode and the phone will update itself with a few click/touch. To put your phone in Download mode, first turn off the device. LETV 1S has no removable battery, so just turn the phone off. Press the Volume DOWN button and the POWER button at the same time for a few seconds until the phone gently vibrates and the LETV LOGO appears. If you have the right firmware uploaded to the phone's internal memory the flashing procedure will not start automatically but a selection screen will show up. A check mark will be displayed next to the UPDATE system option. (If you have the chinese version see picture above and below the english version, just select the default button colored blue) Also check the Clear data option but only if you have a backup of your data and you want a clean install formatting the device after firmware update. It usually will take only a few minutes to update the system. (Do not forget to rename the firmware file to update.zip and double check the extension, if it is update.zip.zip or something, it can cause error and you will not be able to update your system.)
After you installed 5.5.014S version, you can upgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow based EUI 5.8.017S or later. Repeat the previous steps. If you have the LETV 1s chinese version ROM just select the upper option contains update.zip and the right button which is the START update button. If you want to cancel the firmware update just press the left button which will restart the phone without any modification. After you pressed the Start button you can step back using the power button, it will cancel the action.
Failed to update! cause: error with signature issue
There is no International support for LETV 1S so phones shipped to EU or other than China, India, US may got this error message during offline update. Their ROM has no "system update" option in the Settings menu, no OTA support for this phone.
But what if you can't update LeTV Le 1s with internal virtual SD card / phone storage?
Let's start with Smart Phone Flash Tool
Update firmware on LeTV Le 1s SP Flash tool v5
- Download Android generic driver and install it on your PC computer if you haven't done it already. Use Windows device manager to check your device. Please search for the latest "MTK android driver" in Google for it
- Download VCOM driver find it through the net.
- Download SP Flashtool from here (Find the latest SP flash tool) and extract it to a folder.
- Download your stock or custom ROM for your device and extract it to a folder on your PC. You can find LeTV Le 1s ROM firmware at the official website of your device or you can also find some cooked custom ROMs throughout the internet. Official ROM is for China X500 and for India X507.
- Power off your phone. This phone has built-in battery, you cannot remove it. (Note: In the most cases you have to remove the battery during the firmware update and while you connect the device to the PC, but if the PC doesn't recognize the phone also try with the battery inserted. Do not forget to install the drivers first.)
- Find and open flash_tool.exe application on your PC, run as administrator.
- On the Download tab find the Scatter-loading button.
- Find a txt file named scatter or similar in your official or custom ROM's folder. You will find it where you previously extracted.
- Load the scatter txt file named similar like MT6572_Android_scatter.txt or MT6795_Android_scatter_x3_factory.txt
- Click on the Download button and after that connect the device to the PC using a USB cable and press the Volume DOWN or UP key to recognize your device by the SP tool. If your battery is removable do not insert it in the device during the flashing procedure.
- Wait unil the flash procedure is over. A green check mark will indicates that everything went good.
You are done. Disconnect the phone and reinsert the battery. Now you can turn on your phone and it will boot as normal.
Remove forgotten password or unlock pattern on LeTV Le 1s with SP Flash tool Format option
- Download Android generic driver and install it on your PC computer if you haven't done it already. Use Windows device manager to check your device. Please search in Google for the latest drivers.
- Download SP Flashtool from here (Find the latest SP flash tool) and extract it to a folder.
- Download the ROM for your phone and extract it to a folder on your PC.
- Power off your phone and pull out the battery. (Note: In the most cases you have to remove the battery during the firmware update and while you connect the device to the PC, but if the PC doesn't recognize the phone also try with the battery inserted. )
- Find and open flash_tool.exe application on your PC.
- Choose Format tab.
- Click on Start button. Leave everything on default settings or you may break your device and it will not boot.
LeTV Le 1s FACTORY MODE
To enter Factory mode first turn off the phone.
Next press and hold Volume UP and POWER buttons until the phone gently vibrates and the LETV LOGO shows up.
Release all buttons after LOGO appears.
In the menu you can highlight items using the VOLUME DOWN button and activate / enter menu VOLUME UP. (POWER key do nothing.)
In Item test mode there are a few hw test option. These option are the following:
Report(xxx) BAT-3737 eV Charger. Test Auto Sensor Touch Panel Touch Panel MultiPoint Touch Panel Selftest Keys Vibrator Backlight Level SIM Detect SIM Hot Plug detect Headset Button HeadsetMic to Headset Sub Camera M-Sensor Bluetooth WIFI
GPS ] OTG  HDMI [ ] WavePlayback [ ] Receiver [ ] Headset [ PhoneMic to Headset
Main Camera G-Sensor ALSPS Touch Panel Touch Panel Touch Panel Touch Panel
Calibration 2 MultiPoint 2 Selftest 2
Keys 2 [ ] Backlight Level 2
reset LeTV Le 1s Andorid, Mediatek CPU, MTK, ROM