Leagoo Elite 2 hard reset
Entering Recovery menu on Leagoo Elite 2 using the hardware keys to remove password, PIN or reset the unlock pattern / gesture lock when you are unable to access the phone.
Please note, that all data will be lost! Backup all of your important data before doing the hard reset operation and it is always a good idea to regularly save your important files, images on a different media, keep it in a safe place.
Entering recovery mode
- Turn off the phone completely.
- Press the Volume UP and POWER key together for a few 2-3 seconds.
- Release the keys and "select boot mode" selection screen will show up.
You should see the following boot option:
- Recovery mode
- Fastboot mode
- Normal mode
- USE the Volume UP key to navigate the arrow next to Recovery mode (it is the default) and press the VOLUME DOWN key. Wait for the next screen with a logo or with an android robot and the NO COMMAND text, it could be in other language
- Press VOLUME UP + POWER together to display the LEAGOO Android RECOVERY menu
- Navigate to Wipe data / Factory reset using the Volume down key and press power.
Note: you can safely choose also the wipe cache partition option to delete any temporarily downloaded data, log files or other recovered file in this cache folder.
- Navigate to Yes -- delete all user data press POWER.
- Once its done the reboot system now option will be highlighted.
You are done press power to reboot the device.
Reset & Restore
Go to Settings > Reset and restore > Restore Factory settings: Reset settings to the factory default values and delete all data.
This will erase all the data on your phone's internal storage, including:
- Your account
- System and app data and settings
- Downloaded apps
- Other user data
If the phone has a virtual SD card - not a physical memory card - be sure to switch it to on if you want to delete the data there. Also check the memory card option if you want to delete the memory card content.
Note: your UI user interface may be / look different.
On older systems you will find the menu settings very similar
Use Leagoo Elite 2 Backup and reset function
Go to Settings > Backup and reset > Factory data reset: Reset settings to the factory default values and delete all data.
Your device freezes or has fatal errors
If your device freezes or hangs, you may need to close applications or reinsert the battery and
turn on the device to regain functionality. If your device is frozen and unresponsive, press and
hold the Power button for more than 8-10 seconds to reboot.
If this does not solve the problem, perform a factory data reset. On the Applications
screen, tap Settings -> Backup and reset -> Factory data reset -> Reset device -> Erase everything. Before performing the factory data reset, remember to make back-up copies of all important data stored on the device.
Leagoo Elite 2 soft reset / restart
Press and hold for 8-10 seconds to reset the device if it has fatal errors or hang-ups, or freezes. This will restart your Leagoo Elite 2 Android device.