i-Mate JAQ3 soft resetResetting Your Pocket PC Phone
Occasionally you may need to reset your Pocket PC Phone. A normal (or soft) reset of your device clears all active program memory and
shuts down all active programs. This can be useful when the device is running slower than normal, or a program is not performing properly.
A soft reset is also necessary after the installation of some programs. If a soft reset is performed when programs are running, unsaved work
will be lost.
You can also perform a hard reset (also known as a full reset). A hard reset should be performed only if a normal reset does not solve a
system problem. After a hard reset, the device is restored to its default settings the way it was when you first purchased it. Any programs
you installed, data you entered, and settings you customized on the device will be lost. Only Windows Mobile software and other preinstalled
programs will remain.
To perform a soft reset
Remove the battery cover and using the stylus, press on the small button to the left of the battery. Otherwise simply remove the battery, wait a few seconds and then insert the battery again.
To perform a Hard Reset
i-Mate JAQ3 hard reset by pressing device buttons:
1. Turn off your device.
2. Hold down the Send button, End button and Camera button.
3. Do not release Send, End and Camera, press the Power button.
4. After on-screen indication, release all the buttons.
i-Mate JAQ3 hard resetHard reset using Master Clear
1. Tap Start > Settings > System tab > Master Clear
2. On the System tab, select the Master Clear (!) icon
3. Proceed to enter the confirmation code: 1234 and push reset button,
system will auto reboot to complete the operation.