Huawei Y5 II hard reset - Huawei Y5 2 hard reset using buttons
Remove password or unlock pattern using the recovery menu tutorial
1. Turn off your Android Huawei Y5II phone completely.
2. Press and hold both Volume UP + POWER button together. After the screen turns on release only the power but keep press the the volume key until the recovery menu shows up.
3. Select Factory reset /wipe data. (scroll down with VOL down.)
4. Select with power.
5. Scroll down to Yes -- delete all user data. Press power to confirm.
After all is done press power to reboot system now.
After data wipe has completed you are done. resetting Huawei Y5 II done.
Model name / service code CUN-L21
You can also enter the recovery service menu engineer mode by pressing the following code on the dial pad
If you can access your phone and can bring up the dial pad or the emergency dial pad enter the following code
This will bring you up the Engineer Mode menu where you can tap the recovery menu option, select Yes when a pop up window asks if you want to use the recovery function. The phone will rebbot and wipe all data from the phone.
or on devices using EMUI Emotion User Interface
Note: It is possible your device is not using EMUI.
|1. Turn off your Huawei Y5 II phone.
2. Press the volume up key and the Power key until the phone start screen appears and the LOGO is displayed. Do NOT press the power so long but keep pressing the Volume UP key until EMUI logo and factory reset options appears.
3. When the recovery menu comes up just release the Volume key.
4. Select Wipe data / Factory reset on the touch screen. The touch screen is not active, so you have to use Volume UP/DOWN to move and POWER to select. Press volume down.
5. On the next screen confirm you want to delete all data and restore your phone to its factory default settings. Select Wipe data / factory reset again or if you want to cancel select no. Press Vol down an power to reset.
All data will be deleted! Be sure to backup your data before doing a factore reset / wiping your data.
Huawei Y5 II factory reset using the menu
Restoring factory settings on Huawei Y5 2 Android phone
if your phone is responding to screen input, then open Settings from the Applications menu.
1. On the home screen, touch Settings "Gear icon".
2. Under All, touch Backup & reset.
3. Touch Factory data reset > Reset phone. The phone will restore its factory settings and restart.
Restoring your phone to the factory settings erases all your personal data from phone storage, including information about your accounts, your system
and application settings, and downloaded applications. Back up important data on your phone before you restore factory settings.
Firmware upgrade on Huawei Y5 II firmware update
Power off your phone. Copy the dload/update.app in the root directory of the microSD card. Insert it. Press the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN key, and then press the POWER key to power on the phone and enter the Software Upgrade Mode. After the progress bar stop, the phone will restart.