Huawei U8520 Duplex hard reset
Press and hold VOL UP + CALL + POWER ON U8520
Select wipe data/ Factory reset.
or Dial on phone screen U8520 reset code: ##258741 then press call keyRestoring U8520 Factory Data
If you reset your phone to the settings that were configured at the factory, all of your personal data stored on the phone,
including information about your Google account, any other accounts, your system and application settings, and any
applications you have downloaded will be erased. Resetting the phone does not erase any system software updates
you’ve downloaded or any files on your microSD card, such as music or photos.
1. On the Settings screen, touch Privacy > Factory data reset.
2. When prompted, touch Reset phone, then touch Erase everything. The phone resets to the original factory
settings, and then restarts.
Preparing for the U8520 Upgrade
1. Download the upgrade file from the appropriate websites.
2. The file you download will be compressed. Use the unzip software on your PC to decompress the upgrade package. The upgrade package has a folder structure — be careful you do not change it. This folder is called dload — do not rename it, either.
3. Use the USB cable to connect your mobile phone to your PC.
4. Copy the folder to the root directory of your microSD card.
5. After you have copied the file to the microSD card, disable the USB mass storage feature.