- by Hard Reset
Before you buy a new cell phone or new tablet, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery, backup your important data if possible and in most cases take out SIM and SD card before factory reset. It is impossible to recover your data after doing a hard reset, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on an external device, hard drive, raid system or media. With or without insurance, if your cell phone lost, damaged or stolen at least your invaluable data is backed up in a safe place. If you are about to sell your phone and you want to wipe your personal data, or if your phone affected with virus you have to do a hard reset. In some cases, you can delete the forgotten password or lock pattern from your device as well.
Huawei U8500 hard reset
Press and hold VOL UP + CALL + POWER ON U8500Restoring Factory Data
If you reset your phone to the settings that were configured at the factory, all of your
personal data stored on the phone, including information about your Google Account,
any other accounts, your system and application settings, and any applications you
have downloaded will be erased. Resetting the phone does not erase any system
software updates you have downloaded or any files on your microSD card, such as
music clips or photos.
1. On the Settings screen, touch Privacy > Factory data reset.
2. When prompted, touch Reset phone, and then touch Erase everything. The mobile phone resets the settings to the original factory settings, and then restarts.
Backing Up your Data
You can use your Google account to back up your mobile phone’s settings to Google
servers. If you replace your mobile phone, the settings you have backed up will be
transferred to the new mobile phone the first time you sign in to your Google account.
1. On the Settings screen, touch Privacy.
2. Select the Back up my data check box.
Upgrading the Huawei U8500 Software Version
Before upgrading the software on your mobile phone, ensure that your mobile phone is fully charged and the upgrade version is correct. Back up important information such as the contacts, email messages, files, and other messages saved to your
Preparing for the U8500 Upgrade
1. Download the upgrade file from the appropriate websites.
2. The file you download will be compressed. Use the unzip software on your PC to decompress the upgrade package. The upgrade package has a folder structure — be careful you do not change it. This folder is called dload — do not rename it, either.
3. Use the USB cable to connect your mobile phone to your PC.
4. Copy the folder structure to the main directory (root directory) of your microSD card.
5. After you have copied the file to the microSD card, disable the USB mass storage feature.
Upgrading the Huawei U8500 Software through the microSD CardAfter copying the update files to the microSD card, do the
1. On the Settings screen, touch SD card & phone storage > Software Upgrade > SD card Upgrade.
2. Before the upgrade, the system of your mobile phone automatically checks the battery level and the upgrade version. If the version you have downloaded does not meet the upgrade requirements, the upgrade will not work.
3. When the next message appears, touch Confirm.
4. Touch Upgrade.
5. Your mobile phone restarts and the upgrade screen is displayed.
6. After the upgrade is complete, your mobile phone automatically restarts and will switch on again.
7. Touch About phone > Build number to view the version information.