Huawei Ascend P9 hard reset using the phone keys
Remove forgotten password, unlock your Huawei P9, remove forgotten gesture lock, wipe data or remove password
You can display the recovery screen using the phone's keys. To enter recovery menu follow the instructions below:
1. Turn off your Ascend P9 phone.
2. Press the volume up key and the Power key until the phone start screen appears and the LOGO is displayed. Do NOT press the power so long but keep pressing the Volume UP key until EMUI logo and factory reset options appears.
3. When the recovery menu comes up just release the Volume key.
4. Highlight Wipe data / Factory reset using the volume key and select with power key.
5. On the next screen Confirm wipe off all user data? - select wipe data/factory reset again with Volume down and power to erase all data.
6. Wait until reset procedure is 100% done.
All data will be deleted! Be sure to backup your data before doing a factore reset / wiping your data.
Reset Huawei P9 from menu settings
To restore factory settings, touch Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Reset phone