Huawei Ascend Y550 hard reset using buttons
- Turn off your Android Huawei Y550 L01 phone and pull out battery and reinsert it after a few seconds.
- Press and hold both Volume UP + POWER buttons for about 15 sec. until Andorid recovery menu comes up.
- Select Factory reset /wipe data. (scroll down with VOL down.)
- Select with power. (may changed to Vol UP)
- Scroll down to Yes -- delete all user data. Press power to confirm.
After all is done press power to select reboot system now.
After data wipe has completed you are done. reset Huawei Y550-L01 done.
Or if your phone is responding to screen input, then open Settings from the Applications menu. Tap Backup & reset > Factory data reset; click Reset phone and then Erase everything to format your phone.
Firmware upgrade Huawei Y550
Power off your phone. Copy the dload/update.app in the root directory of the microSD card. Insert it. Press the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN key, and then press the POWER key to power on the phone and enter the Software Upgrade Mode. After the progress bar stop, the phone will restart.