Huawei Ascend Mate hard resetYou can go into the recovery screen using phone keys.
Turn off your Ascend Mate phone and press the volume up key and the Power key until the phone start screen appears. Do NOT press the power so long otherwise, or the phone will power off.
To restore factory settings, touch Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Reset phone
Huawei Ascend Mate force firmware upgrade mode1. First charge your phone. Back up all of your data, because firmware update will reset your phone to factory default state and delete all of your data.
2. Download Huawei Mate latest firmware from official website.
3. Extract the file on your computer. Copy dload folder with update.app file to the root directory on your sd memory card.
4. Power off your Ascend Mate Android phone. Insert the MICRO SD card into the memorycard slot. Pressing both the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN key, then press the POWER key to power on your phone, and VOLUME UP key and VOLUME DOWN key should be pressed more than 3 seconds, then it will enter the Software Upgrade Mode.
5. Alternate mode to upgrade your Huawei Ascend Mate firmware is from the menu, by go to Settings->Storage->Software Upgrade->SD card Upgrade->Confirm->Upgrade.
Do not forget to check the build number by go to Settings ->About phone->Build number.
Ascend Mate Factory reset using menu when phone and screen is responding
If your phone is responding to screen input, then open Settings from the Applications menu. Tap Backup & reset > Factory data reset, click Reset phone and then Erase everything to format your phone.
1. On the Settings screen, touch Backup & reset > Factory data reset.
2. Touch Reset phone according to the onscreen instructions. Touch Erase everything . The phone is reset to its factory settings, and then restarts
Or on older firmware 2.x
1. From the Home screen, press the Menu Key and touch Settings.
2 Touch the Privacy
4 Touch Factory data reset.
5 Touch Reset phone.
6 Touch Erase everything.