Huawei Ascend Mate 7 hard reset
You can go into the recovery screen using phone keys. Code name Huawei Jazz-L09
Turn off your Ascend Mate7 phone and press the volume up key and the Power key until the phone start screen appears. Do NOT press the power so long otherwise the phone will power off.
or from menu settings
To restore factory settings, touch Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Reset phone
Huawei Ascend Mate 7 force firmware upgrade mode
If your phone can not boot up you have to use the force upgrade method. You can also remove forgotten password or unlock pattern by reflashing Huawei Mate 7 software / firmware. Huawei MT7-TL10 firmware upgrade
1. First charge your phone. Back up all of your data, because firmware update will reset your phone to factory default state and wipe delete all of your data.
2. Download Huawei Mate 7 latest firmware from official website. Be sure to use the right firmware that match your phone. Check Version number on your phone.
3. Extract the file on your computer. Copy dload folder with update.app file to the root directory on your 4GB sd memory card.
4. Power off your Ascend Mate Android phone. Insert the MICRO SD card into the memorycard slot. Pressing both the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN key, then press the POWER key to power on your phone, and VOLUME UP key and VOLUME DOWN key should be pressed more than 10 seconds, then it will enter the Software Upgrade Mode.
You should see EMUI logo and "Huawei software installing DO NOT press powerkey or remove battery!" on the screen. Do not power off the device. It will restart after successfull firmware update.
Alternate mode to upgrade your Huawei Ascend Mate firmware is from the menu, by go to Settings->Updater->Menu->Local upgrade->Confirm->Upgrade to start the upgrade
or you can also use a USB flash drive and USB OTG cable.
Do not forget to check the build number by go to Settings ->About phone->Build number.
Ascend Mate 7 Factory reset using menu when phone and screen is responding
If your phone is responding to screen input, then open Settings from the Applications menu. Tap Backup & reset > Factory data reset, click Reset phone and then Erase everything to format your phone.
1. On the Settings screen, touch Backup & reset > Factory data reset.
2. Touch Reset phone according to the onscreen instructions. Touch Erase everything . The phone is reset to its factory settings, and then restarts.
Restore factory default via the service menu - on dial screen input:*#*#2846579#*#* -> ProjectMenu -> 4. Restore factory defaults