- by Hard Reset
Huawei Ascend G510 U8951 hard reset using buttons
1. Turn off your Huawei G510 Android smartphone.
2. Press and hold Volume UP and POWER on the phone. Keep pressing these two buttons until recovery screen appears.
3. Select Factory reset /wipe data. (scroll down with VOL down.)
4. Select with power.
5. Scroll down to Yes -- delete all user data. Press power to confirm.
After all is done press power to reboot system now.
After data wipe has completed you are done.
Huawei Ascend G510 U8951 hard reset using menuRestoring to factory settings
Restoring your phone to its factory settings erases all your personal data from the phone memory, including your email accounts, system and
application settings, and installed applications. Back up important data before the restoration.
1. On the home screen, touch and then the All tab.
2. In the PERSONAL area, touch Backup & reset.
3. Touch Factory data reset > Reset phone > Reset phone.
The phone will be restored to its factory settings and restart.
To back up important data on your phone before restoring factory settings, on the Settings screen, touch Backup & reset, and select the Back up my data check box.
Huawei Ascend G510 U8951 hard reset using sd card firmware upgrade(There are two ways to upgrade your Android phone's firmware. After you have downloaded the firmware and copied to SD card, you can use System update application in menu System Update->Update via SD card - this is the normal upgrade - or if your Huawei phone can’t boot up or you can't access the menu you have to use force upgrade process. )
Huawei Ascend G510 force upgrade mode1. First you have to download Huawei G510 official firmware from their website.
2. After unzip the firmware .rar file, copy the unzipped dload folder and its content to the SD card's root directory.
3. Insert the SD card into your Huawei G510 Android phone and turn it off.
4. Press the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN keys together, and then press the POWER key to power on the phone and enter the Software Upgrade Mode.
5. After the firmware upgrade procedure complete, and the progress bar finished, the phone will restart. If not, just remove the battery manually.
Check your firmware version in Settings > About phone > Build number.