Restarting or factory resetting your HTC Wildfire S phonePerforming a factory reset using hardware buttons
If you can’t turn HTC Wildfire S on or access settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the hardware buttons on HTC Wildfire S.
1. Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, then reinsert the battery.
2. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
3. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.
4. Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
If your phone becomes unresponsive or sluggish, try restarting your phone and see if that helps. In case your phone has a persistent problem that cannot be solved, the last resort is to do a factory reset.
Restarting your phone (soft reset)
If your phone is running slower than normal, an application is not performing properly, or your phone becomes unresponsive, try restarting your phone and see if that helps solve the problem.
To restart your phone, simply turn it off and back on. If pressing and holding the POWER button doesn’t work, then remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, reinsert the battery, and then turn the phone on.
Performing a HTC Wildfire S factory reset (hard reset)
Resetting HTC Wildfire S
Do a factory reset to return HTC Wildfire S to its original state before the first time you turned it on.
If you’re passing HTC Wildfire S on to someone else or HTC Wildfire S has a persistent problem that cannot be solved, you can perform a factory reset (also called a hard reset). Factory reset is not a step to be taken lightly. It’ll permanently delete all your data and customized settings, and will remove any applications you’ve downloaded and installed. Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory reset.
Performing a factory reset via settings
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the settings.
1. From the Home screen, press , and then tap Settings.
2. Tap SD & phone storage > Factory data reset.
3. Tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.