HTC Kaiser soft reset
Resetting Your Device
Occasionally, you may need to reset your device. A soft (or normal) reset of your device clears all active program memory and shuts down all active programs. This can be useful when your device is running slower than normal, or a program is not performing properly. A soft reset is also necessary after the installation of some programs. If a soft reset is performed when programs are running, unsaved work will be lost.
To perform a soft reset
Use the stylus to press the RESET button found at the bottom of your device. Your device restarts and displays the Today screen.
HTC Kaiser hard reset
Important If Encrypt files placed on storage cards is or was enabled before, then backup all files from the storage card before using Clear Storage, hard reset or updating the ROM system software. Otherwise you will no longer be able to access the encrypted files on the storage card. Use ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center to transfer files between your storage card and computer. After the procedure, copy your files back to the storage card.
To perform a hard reset using device keys
1. Press and hold the left SOFT KEY and the right SOFT KEY, and at the same time, use the stylus to press the RESET button at the bottom of your device.
2. Release the stylus, but continue pressing the two SOFT KEYs until you see the following message on the screen:
3. Release the two SOFT KEYs, and then press the button on your device.
Warning! Your device will be set back to factory default settings. Please ensure any additional installed programs and/or user data have been backed up before a hard reset is performed.
To perform a hard reset using Clear Storage
1. Tap Start > Settings > System tab > Clear Storage.
2. Type “1234” in the box and tap YES.