HTC Touch Viva Opal Soft reset
Resetting HTC Opal
Occasionally, you may need to reset your device. A soft (or normal) reset of your device clears all active program memory and shuts down all active programs. This can be useful when your device is running slower than normal, or a program is not
performing properly. A soft reset is also necessary after the installation of some programs. If a soft reset is performed when programs are running, unsaved work will be lost.
To perform a soft reset
1. Pull out the stylus.
2. Remove the back cover.
3. Use the stylus tip to press the red RESET button located at the top,
back of the device. Your device restarts and displays the Home screen.
Touch Viva Hard reset
You can also perform a hard reset (also known as a full reset). A hard reset shouldonly be performed if a normal reset does not solve a system problem. After a hard reset, the device is restored to its default settings—the way it was when you first purchased it and turned it on. Any programs you installed, data you entered, and settings you customized on your device will be lost. Only Windows Mobile® software and other pre-installed programs will remain.
Warning! Your device will be set back to factory default settings. Make sure that any additional installed programs and/or user data have been backed up before you perform a hard reset.
Important If Encrypt files when placed on a storage card is enabled, backup all files from the storage card before using Clear Storage, hard reset, or updating the ROM system software. Otherwise you will no longer be able to access the encrypted files on the storage card. Use ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center to transfer files between your storage card and computer. After the procedure, copy your files back to the storage card.
To perform a HTC Touch Viva Opal hard reset
1. Remove the back cover and then pull out the stylus.
2. With the device turned on, press and hold the TALK/SEND and END buttons, then press the RESET button with the stylus tip.
3. Release the RESET button, but continue pressing the TALK/SEND and END buttons until you see this message on the screen:
to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
You can also use Clear Storage to reset your device back to factory default settings.
1. On the Home screen, slide to the Settings tab and then tap All Settings.
2. On the System tab, tap Clear Storage.
3. Enter “1234” and then tap Yes.