Performing a Touch 2 soft reset
Perform a soft (normal) reset to clear all active program memory and shut down all active programs. This is useful when your phone is running slower than normal, or a program is not performing properly. If a soft reset is performed when programs are running, unsaved work is lost.
To perform a soft reset
1. Remove the back cover.
2. Remove the stylus to reveal the RESET button that is located at the bottom of the stylus compartment.
3. Use the stylus tip to press the RESET button.
Your phone restarts and displays the Home screen.
4. Replace the back cover and insert the stylus back into its compartment.
HTC Touch 2 hard reset
How to hard reset HTC Touch2
Performing a hard reset
If a normal reset does not solve a system problem, you can perform a hard (full) reset. After a hard reset, the phone is restored to its default settings—the way it was when you first purchased it and turned it on. You will lose any programs you installed, data you entered, and settings you customized on your phone, and only Windows Mobile® software and other pre-installed programs will remain.
Warning! Your phone will be set back to factory default settings. Make sure that any additional installed programs and important data on your phone have been backed up before you perform a hard reset.
Important If Encrypt files when placed on a storage card is enabled, back up all files from the storage card before using Clear Storage, hard reset, or updating the operating system. Otherwise, you will no longer be able to access the encrypted files on the storage card. Use ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center to transfer files between your storage card and computer. After the procedure, copy your files back to the storage card.
To perform a hard reset
1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons, then press the END/POWER button shortly and release it. You will then see this message on the screen.
3. Press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
If you can access the phone settings, you can use Clear Storage to reset your phone back to factory default settings.
1. Tap Start > Settings > System > Clear Storage.
2. Enter “1234” and then tap Yes.